Preparing For A Showing Checklist
(different than preparing your home to sell)
It may not be possible to complete the entire list below before every showing but the more you can do, the better.
- Open all drapes, shades and blinds
- Turn on all lights (including closets)
- Sweep and vacuum all flooring
- Empty garbage cans (spray disinfectant if smelly)
- Quickly dust tables and furniture if needed
- Wash dishes or put in dishwasher (buyer may look in dishwasher)
- Clear off kitchen counters
- Remove anything from top or sides of refrigerator
- Make all beds
- Clean any windows or glass doors if there are fingerprints on them
- Put any dirty clothes in hamper or in washer and dryer. Don’t start washer and dryer because you don’t want them going during showing.
- Remove any evidence of pets (bowls, litter box etc)
- Remove any odors and make home smell pleasant (garbage, laundry, smoke, pets)
- In cooler or cold months, a warm fire will make your home feel warm and cozy
- If appropriate time of year, open windows and let the fresh air in
- Put away any valuables
- Make your bathroom show like the bathroom at a nice hotel does when you arrive.
- No personal care items on countertop
- No wet towels hanging
- Not a lot of excess personal care items in shower
- Temperature in home must be comfortable